Zuster Fox?

Zuster Fox?

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Moeder Dag!

Happy Mother's Day to all women out there! Special shout out to my own wonderful Mom, whose wisdom, love and guidance have blessed me immeasurably and who still sneakily asks questions that help me figure out my own solutions to any problems I encounter. I'm also incredibly grateful to my grandmothers, aunts, young women leaders and family friends for their support through the years... what would we do without these incredible women?
Biking home from church with roses in the fiets tas
Mother's Day rose and clomping earrings


The Primary children sang to the mother's in sacrament meeting, super cute, and gave them all roses. We got roses too!

The highlight of the holiday was definitely Skyping with my family :)
Voss Family Portrait covering 2 countries and 9 time zones.
It feels like I never left. We've all grown and changed over the past nine months, but our relationships are the same, just as strong, just as silly! I love my family so much. What a miracle it is that Skype enables international, free, instant communication. I am in awe of technology!

I passed my nine month mark this week! I am officially more than half way done. That's kind of a crazy thought. It's inspiring me to make the most of every precious moment I have here in this country with these amazing people in the service of the Lord. I've had a lot of incredible experiences already and I'm looking forward to where the rest of this journey will take me before I return home next February!
African outfits fun at Ethlyn's house!

Joint teach selfie with a jovo
Last Monday we went to Delft on our p-day. We ate lunch at the Ikea there (why not?) and raided the tourist shops... I finally got my legitimate, yellow, Dutch wooden shoes (klompen)! So that was a win. Plus it was just a beautiful day. Super fun. Speaking of which, today is even nicer, and i have ventured outside without tights for the first time since probably October! 24 degrees Celsius and Sunny. lovely :)
Delft City Hall with the Elders
Delft City Hall with Lisa, who joined us there!
Klompen I bought! thanks Grandma and Grandpa Wright!
This past week were another couple of cultural holidays- their version of memorial day, dodenherdenking, which is observed with two minutes of silence across the entire nation. it was very powerful and fascinating to be a part of.

The next day was bevrijdings dag, basically independence day, celebrating the freedom after German occupation during WWII. There were apparently crazy festivals in the city center, but we weren't around for that :)

Other than that, it was a normal week. Teaching, finding, having a blast! I got to go on exchanges with Sister Lemich here and that was fun! Life is good in Den Haag.
Check out this sweet Imagine Dragons concert we're going to go to! #jk 
Klompen!
Proverbs 31:28- Moms are awesome. I am thankful every day for a loving Heavenly father who sends us to eath in families and the critical role that mothers fill in families. I'm grateful for my Mom.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Voss
Lunch at Ikea with the delft elders last pday!
 Love those swedish meatballs

Classic Dutch Picture

We found our street! Maybe a good place to knock doors?

No comments:

Post a Comment