Zuster Fox?

Zuster Fox?

Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Secret to Happiness

This was a wonderful week. I guess I will start with the biggest news- transfer calls!!! Sister Goodman will be leaving and going to Dordrecht, and we will miss each other- our transfer here together has been bliss! I will be staying in Turnhout and Sister Young will be coming here from Gouda. In addition, I have just received a new call to be the Sister Training Leader of the Antwerpen zone! Basically, that means I will now be involved in preparing zone trainings and presenting the zone vision together with the zone leaders, and I will attend Mission Leader Council once a month. I'm assigned specifically to support and serve the wonderful sisters here in Belgium, which means that I'll be conducting exchanges with them throughout the transfer in their respective cities. It's a lot of responsibility, but I also can really see how Heavenly Father has been preparing me and helping me. The Lord qualifies whom He calls, and I'm a bit apprehensive but mostly just excited to serve in this additional calling!
Biking through a beautiful park.

We have had a wonderful week full of miracles. It was hot, and then became rainy and cold, so I guess Belgium just can't make up its mind! We had some cool finding experiences. Before my mission, I don't think I liked the idea of knocking on doors at all. But since coming here, it just makes sense! We have some extra time when not teaching, so hey, let's see if anyone on this street might be interested in this glorious message! and I have talked to so many people whose miraculous conversion stories just start with the missionaries appearing on their doorstep.

Nevertheless, it can be discouraging when appointments fall through and that is all we have to do all day. That happened to us on Thursday this week, and it happened to be pretty hot! but as we went along, several different times, individuals who weren't interested but just ind, Christlike people invited us in. One lady prayed with us, and another sweet couple gave us cake and soda. It reminds me of Matthew 10:40-42. Those who invite us little ones in just for a cup of cold water shall in nowise lose their reward! I am grateful for the sweet souls who look on us with compassion when we are having a long day and facing a lot of rejection. God will bless them. In each case (and it happened three times) they invited us to come back whenever we were in the area! what sweethearts.

Group selfie with Geel Elders!
In another awesome event, one of our investigators decided to quit smoking all by herself because she found the "word of wisdom" entry in the back of her Book of Mormon. She showed us at our next appointment and our jaws dropped in shock. This is a lady being led by the spirit!
The carnival, or kermis, is in town!
Jenthe, an awesome recent convert here
Further. yeah, it was a great week. I learned a lot about being humble and grateful. That the secret to happiness no matter what the circumstances! :)

I love you all! Have a great week!

Liefs,
Zuster McKinney Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment