Zuster Fox?

Zuster Fox?

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Going Courageously Forward

Great, though literally freezing week here in Leeuwarden! Yesterday we saw hail, snow, and rain, all within about an hour. And then it was sunny but freezing again. Go figure. Weather here is unpredictable, so my standard practice is just to assume it will be cold and rainy every day and be grateful when it isn't :)
Group Shot
I want to start by commenting a bit on the current turmoil here in Europe. We were discussing it with a less active member here and it brought some interesting insights. Given what has occurred, people are naturally worried, sorrowful, and scared. Our hearts have been drawn out in prayer to those victims in Paris and those who are still living in fear there. We can't understand all the reasons why such things happen, or why individuals make such sad choices with horrifying consequences. But what I do know is that we can find peace and comfort through our individual communication with God. I have faith that He has a plan for me and each of us. I know that I don't need to be afraid, that we can go courageously forward and live every day so that we would not have regrets if it were our last. I do, fortunately, feel safe way up north here. However, I have friends much much closer to the drama. I know that God protects us and cares for us.

Life chugs on as we continue our work here.

I feel like Goldilocks here in Leeuwarden- I found a city that isn't too big, isn't too small- it's Just right :) of course, also freezing and rainy, but that has nothing to do with the size of the city. It's a great branch! We had a talent evening on Friday- different members brought their handiwork to display, led workshops ( I personally made some cool fondant creations with guidance from an expert) and we all enjoyed different people's edible creations. Several less actives and recent converts came too. So it was a great success!

We also had a great zone training this past week, learning how to be a dynamic missionary. What unique talents and abilities has God given me to contribute to this work? What has He given you to contribute to yours?

In Zwolle station on the way back to Leeuwarden we had a few minutes, so I sat down at the piano to play a few simple hymns and Christmas songs. Within 5 minutes, we talked to three different people based on the music. That was a cool experience!

This week also had some ups and downs. Sister Jaramillo and I taught one really special Restoration lesson to a new investigator. It was simple, sweet, the Spirit was strong and we were unified as teachers. It was a powerful experience! On the other hand, one evening we were going to teach another investigator and I just felt out of it and confused. It was a moment of humility. No matter how experienced we are, we need to be constantly relying on Heavenly Father to help us.
Twinning on splits with Zus Jensen!

The week started/ended on a high note: The Turkey Bowl!!! With the entire zone in Zwolle. The weather was exquisite- cold, but dry and sunny. muddy, but that just makes it more fun. I got to play quarterback for a couple of snaps, and that was fun. Further, we got to play basketball, frisbee, and soccer- it was just a fun experience! Afterwards, the Romigs invited the district over for a big American Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, stuffing, rolls... it was delightful.

So it's been a great week. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Love, Sister Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment