Zuster Fox?

Zuster Fox?

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Goodbyes

Well, just a quick update. We switched our p-day to Saturday so we can go explore Volendam with the Assistants to the President.
All the departing missionaries in the mission home with Pres and Sis Bunnell
This week has been an emotional roller coaster. I was able to say goodbye to everyone in Leeuwarden, and we had a couple of nice last dinner appointments. On Tuesday night I finished packing and on Wednesday reported to the mission office! It was a flurry of activity with the other departing missionaries, weighing suitcases, being interviewed... I think my favorite moments were those where we took some time to just play the piano and sing hymns together to calm down. We truly had a great, fun group of people- Sisters Watts, Robbins, Bush and I, from our Original MTC group, with Elders Frederico, Conatti, Neptune, Evans and Heinricks. We said goodbye to other missionaries, and then headed together to the mission home. We enjoyed our last supper there together, a wonderful meal Sister Bunnell prepared for us, and then sat down for a testimony meeting. It was so inspiring to feel the strength of the spirits and testimonies of these incredible individuals at the end of their mission experiences.
Sae pic without the Bunnells
Our last meal at the mission home,Sister Bunnell leaning in to be in the picture :)


Last district meeting a the Romig's



We had a nice evening there together and then went to bed to prepare for an early morning. We ate breakfast and knelt in a family prayer together before heading to the office to pick up Luggage and accompanying the missionaries flying out to the airport. It was difficult to say goodbye and hurt my heart, but I was also full of gratitude that I got to know these incredible missionaries. Watching them walk away past security, I had the feeling that I was watching noble,valiant soldiers walk away from the battlefield after having given their all and fought their fight- after having accomplished the work they were sent to do. It was inspiring! A couple other missionaries were picked up by their parents, and it was so fun to meet them.
Fun at the mission office before leaving haha (Dad comment: photobombing to the end - I'm so proud of that girl!)

Airport goodbyes

A not so serious picture with Zus Watts
Playing and singing together to calm down in the midst of all the departing hubbub
And then... I was off to Amsterdam! I love working with Sister Ramirez and Sister Twiggs. Being in a trio is a blast. Our matching white helmets weaving in and out of the crazy traffic here... We've already had some cool and miraculous experiences working, finding and teaching here, and it's only been a couple days! I'm glad we still have another week together!
Amsteram adventures with Sister Ramirez and Sister Twiggs!


I know this church is true. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't. I love this mission, and I have become someone better and more Christlike because of it.

All my love, Zuster Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment