Zuster Fox?

Zuster Fox?

Monday, November 10, 2014

Dreaming in Dutch

This week! I feel like I have so much to share.

Sister Woodbury and I mourned halloween for approximately 3 days before starting to decorate for Christmas. Our apartment looks like Buddy the Elf attacked, in the best possible way, and we're pretty proud of the festive cheer. Also, Sister Woodbury's family sent us both super cute Thanksgiving cards, So that holiday is not completely forgotten. :)
A happy Sister Voss at a McDonalds in Nederland! 
A Happy Meal in Nederland.
We had a really special experience- We had some time to knock doors in a neighborhood, and on like the third door, a woman opened up and when we said we had a message to share about Jesus Christ, she invited us right in, called her husband down to listen, and we taught a lesson right there and made a return appointment. That was pretty dang cool. On Wednesday we had a day absolutely packed with appointments, which is ideal- we were running around super busy, teaching all day, which is great, but it's also nice to have time to do our finding. Still, it's exciting!

On Thursday we went down to the Rijswijk (I think the translation of that is like... travel/customs/immigration agency?) in Den Haag to pick up my residency permit. I now have a legal identity here besides my passport! Woohoo!
The Den Haag train station building is beatiful! We had to go through it to get my Residency Permit from the Rijswijk.

Friday was an awesome ward game night activity. I got totally destroyed by an 8 year old at the game Stratego, but to be fair I'd never played before and the instructions were in Dutch. (Dad note: I feel some failure as a parent reading this as I was sure I had taught her to play this classic game - I now know what we will be doing for our next FHE) But I dominated at some other games. And we had invited tons of less actives and investigators to the activity because we knew it would be so fun, but the ones who came, miraculously, were a 16 year old and a 9 year old who biked by themselves on a cold dark night to attend. It was miraculous and so cool to see them there.

On Saturday we drove to Zoetermeer with our investigator Charelene, our Relief Society President and first counselor to go to the 4 stake Relief Society (ZHV)conference in Zoetermeer.
It was way cool, the speakers were great, and we also got to go by the temple and experience that peace. It was great.
My Twin Marjon and I eating french fries

We took some pictures at the temple when we were there for Sister's Conference in Zoetermeer! The lovely Marjon, who stole one of my nametags, Sister Woodbury, Charelene and I. It was so special!

On Sunday I gave a talk, somehow in Dutch the entire time. I talked about how faith is the central point of every commandment- having faith to obey and expect the promised blessings, even if it seems hard.

Sister Woodbury told me that I was talking in my sleep in Dutch this week. I heard that dreaming in your new language means you've really gotten into it, so I consider that achievement unlocked. Woohoo!
You can get this delicious breakfast for one euro at the Hema!
It got cold this week! I pulled out gloves and hats... Fortunately it's just been chilly, not wet so far though.

I love and am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary!

Love,
Zuster McKinney Voss

No comments:

Post a Comment